Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Finish Line in Sight!

This is just going to be a short post to update all of you on the fun filled last couple months of this pregnancy.  The last couple months have been full of doctors visits, blood tests, and complications.  Luckily both baby and I are still OK. 

So here's what has been going on.

-I was given the free and clear from my diabetic consultant because I have got my blood sugars so well handled through diet. That was very exciting! I was very proud of myself and happy that we were doing so well.
-I have had a couple incidents with high blood pressure and rapid heart rate which prompted lots of blood tests (gross!) and a 24 hour urine collection (also gross!) to test for preeclampsia. Those results came back with mixed messages. My liver enzymes were elevated so that means that preeclampsia is a possibility but normally there is a lot of protein in the urine with preeclampsia and I didn't have that. So they said bed rest just to be safe. That was not what I wanted to hear but I did it.
-I had some pain under my right rib cage so I called in and asked and was told to come in and get checked.  Baby was fine which was reassuring.  I had started having some contractions which they weren't too concerned about.  My blood pressure was borderline so they took more blood (seriously I look like a junkie!). My liver enzymes were still climbing so they ordered an ultrasound, not for Menolly but for my gallbladder, liver, and kidney.  The ultrasound showed hydronephrosis (fluid on my kidney) which is fairly normal for pregnancy (Menolly was squishing it and causing it), they think that was the cause of the pain under my rib cage so that's good, nothing to worry about there.  But they still couldn't explain my liver enzymes, so they are thinking that I might have Pregnancy Induced Cholestasis....I have a blood test tomorrow to test that theory.  So to be safe they put me on a no fat diet, so now I am low carb (for the gestational diabetes) and no fat (for the cholestasis), which really leaves like NOTHING to eat haha.  and when on bed rest I would love some snacks to give me some kind of shallow enjoyment in my day....no such luck there.  Cholestasis is the scariest of all the things that they have thrown at me thus far. One of the complications is late term fetal death (after 37 weeks) for no apparent reason! So I am really hoping that I don't have that.
-So because of all of these fun filled little complications that don't really add up to any one specific thing they are planning on inducing me at 38 weeks if I haven't had her naturally by then.  I got checked today at the doctors office and he said I am already 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced.  So who knows she might come before 38 weeks all by herself.  Either way the 18th of February is our finish line....less than two weeks!

I am so unbelievably excited. I cannot wait to hold my  little girl in my arms.  I also cannot wait to be able to eat something other than cheerios, turkey sandwiches, eggs, and water!!!  I think we are as prepared as we can be for her to get here. There is still some basic cleaning that needs to get done. Poor Forrest has become Cinderella since I'm on bed rest I just get to boss him around and he has to do all the cleaning.  Hes been a great sport about it though. I am very grateful to have him! My wonderful mother-in-law will probably come down early next week to help us out unless we go into labor before then. I am excited for her to come down, we don't get to spend enough time with her!  I am bummed that we have to miss our niece Grace's dedication and 2nd birthday party.  But hopefully we will get up to Spokane to see all of the Kelly's before Grace has her surgery in March and we will be able to introduce Menolly to her cousins!  Its very surreal that we could be showing her off in such a short time! EEEKKK!!! so excited. OK well unfortunately I don't have any fun pictures for this particular entry but I wanted to make sure I got all of that down so I could hold it over Menolly's head when she's older and talking back haha.  And so if she ever gets pregnant she will know her family history since I am kinda in the dark on mine.  I hope all of you are enjoying the new year.  I will update again soonish....Maybe by my next post I'll have real pictures of Menolly to share with all of you :)

1 comment:

  1. You are such a trooper. I can promise it will be worth it all but this sure doesn't seem like any fun at the time. Hang in there and just take one day at a time. Maybe Forrest could get you some good books to read. So glad mom is able to help, wish we could. Love from the other Lindhs.

    ReplyDelete