Friday, November 30, 2012

Brand New Blog!

So I've decided that since Forrest and I are expanding our little family that I would try this whole blogging thing.  I feel like this will be a good thing if I can remember to keep up with it since some of our family is spread far and wide!

So I guess this post is just to kind of introduce our little family to the blog community (whoever that consists of :) )

First of all there is Forrest, he is my wonderful husband and I am so excited that he is going to be a dad in just a few months ( I think he is too ).  He is an amazing uncle....as can be seen in the picture above. Here he is with Grace our newest niece,  he was one of the first people to be able to hold her with out her crying aside from her parents....he was pretty excited. Forrest currently works at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories in Pullman WA and I think for the most part he enjoys it. 

Then I guess there is me.  I'm just working part time at a local hotel running the breakfast bar....nothing fancy but it pays the bills.  I want to get back to school and finish my bachelors in Animal Science but that's on delay as we are expecting a baby girl in March.

So these are our original set of babies....The big black and white dog is Titan. He is the biggest pansy you will ever meet, he loves to have his hand held and cuddle under the blankets, he doesn't like to be outside unless its sunny and warm, and to be honest I spoil him rotten! The smaller red dog is sprawled out in the grass is Chimera, she is Forrest's dog...( I take no credit for her haha jks. )  she is a good girl she just loves to be loved. She does have a chronic licking problem that we cannot seem to break her of. Other than that she just has lots of energy and a passion for her kitty friends that they don't really share with her.  The little calico blob cuddled up with Chimera is Cosmo our cat,  she was originally rescued to be Titan's cat because he loved my parents cats so much but as you can see her and Chimera are inseparable. 

Now on to the real reason I am starting this blog.  Forrest and I are expecting our first baby girl on March 4th 2013.  We are extremely excited and a little nervous! Forrest of course says he's not nervous (which drives me crazy! how can he not be nervous?) but we'll see how long that lasts as we head into the third trimester.  For those of you who don't know our due date has a little bit of extra meaning since it is the date that my mom passed away two years ago.  I am choosing to take this to mean that my mom is trying to be a part of her life as a guardian angel since she can't be here to meet her granddaughter in person. 
Anyways we picked out the name Menolly Grace.  Menolly is out of a trilogy I really like by Anne McCaffery and its pronounced "Men-a-lee".  Grace is my best friends middle name,  she has been there for me through absolutely everything and I could not imagine my life without her. 

Menolly is already a very active little baby and shes quite the little break dancer! She is also already a daddy's girl.  She responds to Forrest's voice a lot and when he went out of town a couple of weekends ago she pouted the whole time and then as soon as he got home she had quite the little freak out!  She gets really into the Cowboy's games that I love to watch....Forrest isn't so happy about that one haha and she loves to let me know when I am doing something that is cramping her style.  She has got so much personality now I cannot imagine what I'm in for when she actually arrives!  I am so excited to meet her its not even funny!!!! 
Here is another picture of her....and yes she is folded in half here those are her legs above her and her toes all the way past her head....both ultrasounds we had at twentyish weeks she was laying like that.  The ultrasound tech thought it was pretty funny. 
And here are her cute little feet!!!

So that concludes the introduction to our little family.  I will try to keep this blog updated as things move along.  Hope you enjoy it!




1 comment:

  1. Yeah!!!! Welcome to the blogging world, it's great to have you. We'll look forward to keeping the kids updated on their cousin, especially because we're so far away. Now, if we could get all other family members to keep a blog, we'd be set! ;)

    ReplyDelete